going foxy: a knit and 2 sews!

lundi 1 janvier 2018

Hi there! happy new year !
today is the first day of 2018 and , in my own crazy way, I thought it was the perfect timing to blog about some of my 2017 projects! yeah, crazy like that!!

So this autumn I resumed my relationship with knitting, (and sewing, as a matter of fact :!) as I finally had enough time and sanity to find time to create!
As we were entering autumn, I was very attracted to foxy colors.

So here are 2, well actually 3 projects I made this autumn which all have the same foxy vibe!

#1: The Veronika cardigan




My only regret with this knit is that I did not make the size M! I love this version but I wish it was a bit more oversize.
I actually wear it a lot.

About the pattern: it is very easy and I recommend it to beginners. All you need is patience!


#2: The Driftless Cardigan
About the pattern: as is true for all Grainline patterns: very great fit, very clear instructions.

I used my normal sewing machine as this knit is quite thick and I find this garment needed some precise piecing. I love my serger but I always feel it gives me less accurate seams.

Nest time, the only alteration that I will make is that I will make the bottom of the sleeves slightly bigger. This version is quick tight aound my arms. So maybe goint up to size 8 for the arms?



I really like this top and I wear it a lot, with jeans as well as with skirts.


#3: the cleo skirt
pattern by Made by Rae 
size XS
fabric: rayon by Atelier Brunette 

about the pattern: love love this!
I made size XS with a 14" elastic band . I made a mix of version A and B, because pockets people ! Length is my own choice ! Fabric is French brand @atelierbrunette and it is a rayon that is very lovely !



SO! here you go friends! you probably had seen all these on Instagram, but I wanted to share them also in this humble space, just in case you needed help with any of these patterns.
I would recommend all 3 of them.

I wish you all the best for 2018! 

2 commentaires:

  1. So beautiful, Sophie! They all look amazing on you! I wish you the happiest New Year and lots of creative time in 2018! :D xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. je te souhaite une très bonne année!! bravo pour tes réalisations!

    RépondreSupprimer

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground